Monday, July 1, 2013

Summer Vacation- Day 14

After my run this morning, I installed a baby gate in our back door.  We have no windows in the back of our house, so I need to be able to open the door and keep James in.  Anyway, he didn't quite appreciate my gesture.  He tried several times to figure out a way to escape.



Then he gave up.

We went to the lake today. We have it pretty good here in Seattle with so many things to do.  I love Seattle!  This lake is only 10 minutes from our house and is super kid friendly.  The beach area is roped off and is shallow enough that I didn't have to keep a constant eye on Hailey and Jacob.  

James didn't want to leave the water.  His diaper ended up exploding and he just ran around without one. 



Definitely a repeater.

James found a secret place to eat his cookie.

The kids were dying in the heat because I wouldn't let them use the slip n slide until the grass was mowed.  So they just hung out in the back like this while eating a snack.  

And of course we had more slip n slide time.

The kids ate an entire bag of cookies for dessert.  Actually, it was Jacob's dinner too.  Some how I let that one slip. Oh well, it's summer!  

Oh my goodness, the heat!!  And by heat I mean 88 degrees!!  Woohoo, finally we're getting summer!  Which of course means hot nights with a fan in every room like this.  I jeryrigged a way for the fan to blow on James. 

I used my curling iron to prop the fan up.

Poor boy.  Isn't he heavenly? 

No comments: