Sunday, June 30, 2013

Summer Vacation- Days 11,12,& 13

We went camping this weekend with a few other families.  Let me just start out by saying that my most favorite part of this trip was getting to snuggle with James in my sleeping bag all night long.  His cute little body was so warm.  I just loved the snuggles.

Anyway, I didn't take very many pictures because I didn't want to bring my camera everywhere, but here are some fun things that we did:

Although I didn't take the photos to prove it, Brennan jumped off some cliffs into a freezing cold river.  I chickened out only because the water was too cold.  I did however jump off a rock into the water where I wouldn't have to swim far to the shore.  

We went on a short hike with the kids, who by the way had way too much energy.  They kept me running behind.

Ok, another one of my favorite parts about this trip was that my kids got to bond with some of the kids from church.  We are still fairly new to this area and even though we have made lots of friends, I don't feel like my kids (ok, maybe just Hailey) has really bonded with her friends.  Jacob has like 3 friends that he really cares about at all in this world, so he gets a lot of play time with them.  Hailey on the other hand has a million friends, but not one yet that she can call her very best friend.  She is still holding on to Jolie from Portland.  

We ate a lot of good food thanks to Brennan.  He is the camping king.  I am so glad I'm married to a man who knows how to survive in the wilderness.

Lots of s'mores were eaten.  

Ooh, this was sad.  The first night we were there, James burnt his hand on a lantern that was lit.  Brennan said he could smell his flesh.  Poor James now has white blisters on two of his fingers.  That kid cried for an hour straight.  Our neighbors, I'm sure, hated us since it was after 10pm.  

The mosquitoes were bad where we were.  I was pretty good about spraying everyone with bug spray, except one time when Hailey changed into her swimsuit and ran off with her friends.  As a result, she got 32 bites all over her back and face.   I think she learned that she needs to always be covered with bug spray.  She will never make that mistake again!  


Today was a HOT day!!!  Summer doesn't officially start until the week of the 4th up here in the NorthWest.  It got up to 88 degrees today, so I let the kids use the slip n slide to cool off.  Our hill made the sliding that much more fun.  



1 comment:

Danielle said...

poor hailey on the bug bites-those look horrible! and james' hand-so sad!! other than that, glad you guys got to go camping.