Where is that instruction manual?......What's that? Hailey didn't come with an instruction manual? Well that explains a lot. Why didn't she come with one again?......Oh, because you want me to gain experience while down here on Earth? I see. Well I still wish you would have sent her with one when she came out. It would make things a lot easier.
We decided since we were going to be home this weekend that we would try again to potty train Hailey. Brennan is very motivated. Unfortunately, Hailey is not.
We have decided to take away diapers all together, skip pull ups and go straight to panties. Hailey got to pick out her own Dora the Explorer panties. We have been bribing her with marshmallows, m&ms, and anything she wants! We made a chart and she gets to put a sticker on it if she goes potty. Well, it's now day three and we have had 2 successes. That's right, that means we have had some serious accidents.
One time she ran into the bathroom to sit on the potty all on her own desire. Unfortunately there was an obstacle in her way, the stool. By the time she climbed over the stool, she couldn't hold it and ended up peeing all over her library books. I never realized until that moment just how dirty those books really are. Anyway, so I put Hailey on the big toilet and took the books into the kitchen to clean them off (Thankfully they were closed and the pages stayed dry). Could it get any worse than this I thought? I went back to the bathroom to find Hailey
Dipping
Her
Feet
Into
The
Toilet
And
Flinging
Toilet
Water
Everywhere!
There was toilet water all over the floor, my pedestal sink, and the walls. Pretty much everywhere in the bathroom. It was disgusting.
So yes, it can get worse. I took Hailey out of the bathroom, legs soaking in dirty water, into the kitchen to clean her up. I thought to myself, can it get worse than this? I went back to the bathroom with Hailey in my arms to clean up the mess she made only to find Jacob
Sticking
His
Hands
Into
The
Toilet
And
Flinging
Toilet
Water
Everywhere!
Soaking his clothes in the process! Toilet water was doubled from when Hailey flung it everywhere.
So yes, it can get worse. Curses for not closing the lid on the toilet! If you can't tell, I'm a germafobe. As all of this was happening, all I could think about was the Relief Society lesson a couple of weeks ago about "Come What May and Love It". How do I love this? I guess one day when I look back on this I will laugh. Hopefully when it happens to Hailey! Will there be justice?
We decided since we were going to be home this weekend that we would try again to potty train Hailey. Brennan is very motivated. Unfortunately, Hailey is not.
One time she ran into the bathroom to sit on the potty all on her own desire. Unfortunately there was an obstacle in her way, the stool. By the time she climbed over the stool, she couldn't hold it and ended up peeing all over her library books. I never realized until that moment just how dirty those books really are. Anyway, so I put Hailey on the big toilet and took the books into the kitchen to clean them off (Thankfully they were closed and the pages stayed dry). Could it get any worse than this I thought? I went back to the bathroom to find Hailey
Dipping
Her
Feet
Into
The
Toilet
And
Flinging
Toilet
Water
Everywhere!
There was toilet water all over the floor, my pedestal sink, and the walls. Pretty much everywhere in the bathroom. It was disgusting.
So yes, it can get worse. I took Hailey out of the bathroom, legs soaking in dirty water, into the kitchen to clean her up. I thought to myself, can it get worse than this? I went back to the bathroom with Hailey in my arms to clean up the mess she made only to find Jacob
Sticking
His
Hands
Into
The
Toilet
And
Flinging
Toilet
Water
Everywhere!
Soaking his clothes in the process! Toilet water was doubled from when Hailey flung it everywhere.
So yes, it can get worse. Curses for not closing the lid on the toilet! If you can't tell, I'm a germafobe. As all of this was happening, all I could think about was the Relief Society lesson a couple of weeks ago about "Come What May and Love It". How do I love this? I guess one day when I look back on this I will laugh. Hopefully when it happens to Hailey! Will there be justice?
6 comments:
Ouch! Sorry! It's a good story for later on though! =)
I can't help but laugh, but I am sure I will be there soon enough! Good luck with the potty training!
Ahhhh....gotta love potty training! But, once they are out of diapers....it is SO worth it! I got lucky with Embry and it was really fast once he did it. Hope she is complete soon! But at least it was a really funny read, right?
What a darling family you have! Isn't blogging great? Check out my daughter-in-laws blog (Ashley) for some fun, easy quilt ideas. She is about your age and has some darling ideas in lots of areas.
Haha! What a day! I can't believe that she peed on the LIBRARY BOOKS of all places!
Good for a laugh, but a bummer to clean up, I'm sure!
You will get through it! Just give her lots of liquids and put her on the potty every 30 minutes. I know your pain!! Luke is almost 2 and I potty train them right at 2 so I will soon be joining you...
Post a Comment