It was General Conference this weekend, my favorite time of year. I get to sit on my couch in my PJ's and watch the Prophet and apostles give talks on TV instead of getting dressed up and going to church! It only comes twice a year, so I definitely live it up. For those who don't know what General Conference is for Mormons, it's like having the world's best motivational speakers all together for two days.
Anyhoo, this was what it was like for the two days. Jacob sat on his horse, while I used the doodle pad to entertain the kids so I could listen.
Anyhoo, this was what it was like for the two days. Jacob sat on his horse, while I used the doodle pad to entertain the kids so I could listen.
And this is what happens when Brennan snuggles with Hailey on the couch. I like to think he was listening.
2 comments:
General Conference seems to have the same effect on me as it does on Brennan...weird.... :)
How funny. We went to my parents house on Sunday and, of course, my 17 year old brother kept falling asleep. My mom would have to call his name a few times before he would wake up. I then had to educate him. "Derek, you're supposed to make sure you don't fall in too deep of a sleep, that way you can hear when Mom calls your name the first time and say, "Mom, don't worry, I'm awake. You're also supposed to move your feel periodically so it looks like you're awake and listening! COME ON! Have I taught you nothing?!"
You think you know a person and then they totally let you down by ignoring what you've taught them over the years. *Sigh*.
Post a Comment