Friday, June 27, 2014

Summer Vacation- Day 8- "Unwanted Treasure"

We spent some good time this morning reorganizing the kids toy room.  For months now I have left all the cleaning up to them, which meant they threw half there toys in the closet.  So I pulled out all their containers and we started storing everything where it belonged.  While going through some drawers in the closet, I stumbled upon loads and loads of candy wrappers and granola bar wrappers.  Jacob for some reason refuses to throw his garbage away.  I think he thinks he won't get caught this way, for eating things he shouldn't be.  

After we cleaned the toy room, the kids miraculously wanted to play in there again.  Genius.  I always knew the best way to get your kids to play in their toy room is to make them clean it.  

After playtime and lunch, it was time to put James down for a nap.  I wanted to try something new today that I hadn't done in the past; make Hailey and Jacob have quiet time in their rooms.  Summer time means I'm with my kids all.day.long and as much as I desperately love my children, I need a break from them during the day where I don't have to think about them constantly, if you catch my drift?  I think they need it too.  So I took a nap.  It was amazing.  I think we will do this for now on.  

After nap(s), we went to the library to get a load of books to read.  Hailey picked out some chapter books about horses that she can read before bed and surprisingly Jacob picked out a Lego Super Hero comic book ;) They both excitedly agreed on Captain Underpants as there chapter book that I get to read to them before bed.  It is a funny book! 

Oh, hey James.  Whatcha doin there?  

No comments: