Monday, June 9, 2014

Lemonade, Fire Tricks, and A Need to Snuggle

Saturday was a pretty good day.  Brennan took all three kids camping the night before, while I stayed home and enjoyed a quiet evening to myself.  Ok, I know it might sound lame that I skipped out on camping with my family, but camping while having womenly issues in the middle of nowhere just doesn't sound fun.  TMI?  Sorry.

I made up for it though and painted the boys' room.  I had just finished when the kids decided to make a lemonade stand.  (Note: the paint used to write the sign was the same paint I used to paint the boys room.  Now you know the color). In about 20 minutes, the kids made $3.50.  They were very proud of themselves and they sure looked cute doing it.  I wonder if James was the bait, just sitting there looking all cute.  Who wouldn't want to buy from him?

Here are our neighbor's kids.  They had just gotten back from a month long trip to India the day before.  I love how Kushi just stared at James as he pushed her around.  She had a look like, "Why are you pushing me, weirdo?".

The kids had their year end piano recital.  Jacob played, "Come See the Parade", and Hailey played, "Bells of Great Britain".  They did a great job.  After the recital had finished, a little boy named Fox pulled the fire alarm.  It was hilarious.  We're friends with the family, so I could laugh at them.  Hey, I'm just glad it wasn't my son, which it totally could have been.  The kids got excited when the fire truck came and Hailey announced, "This has been the best weekend ever!"...Agreed ;)



It had been an exhausting weekend and poor James was super tired.  All signs of a good time.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

i love that you have them in piano lessons. I need to get ethan started in something. :)