Saturday, November 29, 2014
Thanksgiving
The night before Thanksgiving, the kids and I made our pumpkin pies, along with the brine for the turkey. James had fun stacking the spices.
The kids tried making their own brine with food coloring, tea bags and spices. It smelled interesting :I
This year I made my first turkey! It looked good and tasted about as good as a turkey can taste. Usually we make good food that we want to eat, like crab with oysters or prime rib, but this year we decided to be traditional and I think it will be our last ;). We spent Thanksgiving with our friends, The Pierces and we had a fun time.
Poor James came down with a bad cough suddenly and ended the night with a bad fever :( James and I had to stay home while Brennan and the kids went over to the Pierce's to watch the Seahawks beat the 49ers, or as my kids say it, the Forty-Whiners. It ended up being ok though, I spent some time doing some online Black Friday shopping and got all my Christmas shopping done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment