While Brennan's parents were in town for Hailey's baptism, we took a trip to Lake Quinault Lodge for a night. We enjoyed beautiful weather of up to 88 degrees while we swam in the lake.
Brennan and the kids had a lot of fun jumping off the dock. Brennan impressed everyone with doing a front flip into the water at age 36.
Miss Hailey
Daddy and James.
Jacob and James.
Terri, Steve, and I enjoyed each others company by the lake. It was really nice.
The boys played on the boat dock, looking for fish.
Daddy and James.
Daddy and Jacob playing chess in the lodge.
Miss Hailey went for a walk with grandpa. They discovered lots of new things.
Hailey being silly.
We have found a reliable solution to enjoying eating out with our children. It's called the IPad! It looks horrible, but we give the kids an iPad and they sit for a good hour or two watching a movie. This is the only way we can sit and enjoy a meal with adult company. So here's cute James, being a good boy, watching a show.
I had come down with a nasty cold on the night of Hailey's baptism, so I needed to rest quite a bit. Brennan, Terri, and Steve took the kids to look at a rare old growth down the road from the lodge, while Hailey and I stayed back.
They next morning, Brennan, Hailey, and grandpa got up at 6am to go fishing. While they were out, grandpa came across a herd of elk. What a beautiful sight! Sad I missed it.
I love that my children have a great dad who will take them to do stuff like this. Moms are great, but dads are just as awesome!
After fishing, we all gathered for breakfast...
Brennan looks tired, yet happy from a morning of fishing. I look tired and ill.
Whenever we're near water of any kind, the kids must go exploring! Love it! I wish we lived in a place like this.
James kept running circles around the dock. This kid never stops going.
On our way home from the lodge, we took a long detour to an old growth forest where we good admire Mother Nature on a grander scale. We had a great time.
1 comment:
What a great trip! Love the pictures. So jealous!!!
Post a Comment