Saturday, February 15, 2014

Hailey's Journal

I love Hailey's journal entries from school.  Everyday, Hailey writes a new journal entry and her teacher encourages the students to write whatever they want and not to worry about spelling.  She just wants the kids to get their ideas out of their heads and onto paper.  It's an exercise to the help the kids to be more creative.  Often times Hailey will write about things that happened at home.

Here is one that just cracked me up!  Make sure to study the pictures, they are hilarious!

Hailey, Jacob and James started sharing a room together.   
"James is a tantrum, like a very big tantrum."

"Yeah he is.  Come on."

"Oh, it is only a poopy diaper.  One big tantrum."
_______________________________________

"Dad flexes his muscles.  I act like a monster."
____________________________________________

Hailey has received the reputation of being sassy.  Her teachers call her Miss Sassy Pants.  She isn't sassy in a bad way, she's just really smart and knows how to dish it back.  She knows who she is and she's comfortable with it.

Anyway, you can tell in the story below that this must have been something that took place in class.

"Once upon a time, there was a village.  A dragon came and caught the village on fire.  The End."

"That's not a story.  Stories are longer, not like that story."

"Once upon a time, there was a village with a knight who found a dragon, who said…"


""I will kill you" and he did."

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I LOVELOVELOVE these!!! Hahaha...James' tantruming face is hilarious too!