Saturday, February 8, 2014

Daddy/Daughter Valentines Dance with Snow

Brennan and Hailey attended a daddy/daughter valentines dance for school.  Hailey got to wear the dress her daddy bought for her while he was on a business trip to China. 

Hailey has been so excited for this dance since she first heard about it.  She asked her dad with her sweet voice if they could go and Brennan immediately wrote out a check and sent it in the mail.  

She had a very fun night.  Brennan took her out to dinner first at the Coho Cafe and then went to the dance at the community center.  Brennan sent me a text telling me that he doesn't want Hailey to grow up. He said it made him think about Hailey's wedding someday, almost brought tears to his eyes.  

I didn't think they would stay for very long, but they didn't come home until almost 9:30.  

I can't think of anything to make the night even better than snow.  It made the night even more magical for Hailey.  She said her legs were freezing when she walked out side in the snow because she was wearing tights.  I told her I understood exactly what she was going through.  Oh, to be a female.  

I let the boys go out and see the snow before they crawled into bed.  

They are excited and Jacob hopes we get lots and lots of it.  

They decided to leave one shade up so they can look out the window through the night.  As a kid, I used to wake up all night long to look and see if there was snow.  I might still do that as an adult :) 

1 comment:

The Horal Clan said...

So precious! She is just beautiful. And she has such a good Daddy.