Nothing makes a morning brighter than some cinnamon toast :)
James and I spent the morning playing in the toy room. James has really taken to cars, especially now since he has seen the Cars movie. You can play with cars anywhere and on anything. James has proven it, as all boys have proven it. I even let him take them to bed with him, it's keeps him quiet.
We then built a train track and played with that for a while.
Hailey was feeling pretty good and she wanted to join in on the train fun. I would have sent her to school today had she not been throwing up the day before. She was looking like she was totally fine, but I didn't want to infect her entire class. (I have a sore spot about that)
This little man thought wearing googles was pretty cool.
The kids joined me while I was packing. They kept climbing into the suitcases and hiding from each other. It made packing a little more enjoyable, just to see how excited they are.
The sun was out and was so beautiful! I had to take James out for a walk twice today. The second time I forced Jacob to join me on his bike. He wasn't very happy about it, so he rode away on his bike and went around the block as fast as he could to get home. He wanted to watch TV with his sick sister who was resting on the couch. Some days I love that TV and some days I don't.
I kept Hailey in the car during piano lessons because she had been sick, but her piano teacher insisted that she come in and practice. She is getting really good at the piano and sight reading music seems to come easy to her. She keeps playing ahead in her practice books and I'm not sure how her teacher feels about it ;). I'm sure she doesn't mind.
Since I had James with me today (he's usually with his babysitter, Josie) I let the boys watch a movie to help keep them quiet. Jacob and I usually do others things while we wait for Hailey to be done, but he was loving today.

I felt like a rock star for dinner tonight. We had tons of leftovers from dinner the night before that included a ton of chicken, black beans and corn. I didn't know what I was going to do with it, I am so sick of tacos the thought made me want to throw up. I am also trying to use up the food in my fridge before we leave for Hawaii, so I searched for a recipe on the Internet and found this one! It's a White Chicken Chili found
here. I had everything in my fridge that it called for, except instead of white cheddar, I used regular cheddar and only half the amount it called for (It calls for 18oz, I used 9) and black/pinto beans instead of northern beans. We crumbled up some of our favorite tortilla chips (
Juanita's Brand, the best!) on top and I will say that this was one of the best soups I have ever made and I think that says something :)

Hailey told me at dinner that I should create a recipe and put it on Facebook so lots of people could share it with other people and it could become famous! I told her that that would be pretty hard to do. She then said that she bets that if I tried really hard, I could do it. Hmm, it's kind of temping, for Hailey's sake that is.
We decorated for Valentines Day today. I can't believe it's only a few days away. Where has the time gone? I think the flu has distracted us...
I had to run a few arrends after dinner. I went to Target and checked out there swimsuit selection and laughed when I saw this swimsuit. Yuck! I remember that print from the 80's and I very much remember when it went out of style and when everyone was replacing all their decore and wardrobes to get rid of it. It still haunts me till this day.
No comments:
Post a Comment