Monday, November 11, 2013

Saturday- Grandma and Grandpa's Visit to Bainbridge Island

Again, these photos have not yet been edited.  For the sake of getting my blog moving again though, I am uploading unedited photos.  

While Brennan's parents were in town, particularly Brennan's father with his amazing camera, we decided to take advantage and get our family photos taken.  We chose Bainbridge Island since it is a fun and beautiful place to visit and Brennan's parents have never been there.  

We went on Saturday which ended up being a very interesting day.  The weather was stormy, with 40-50 mile an hour wind gusts.  It was cold, our faces were red, and James had croup (a very mild case of croup, just in case you were thinking I was a horrible mother for taking him out.  You can still think I'm horrible if you want).  Sounds like perfect conditions to me, don't you think?

We started our journey on a ferry, with 40-50 mile an hour gusts of wind.  I stayed inside with James while everyone else ventured out to get a few fun shots in front of the city. 




A huge gust of wind hit them just as Brennan took this photo.  I think Grandma was afraid her new dog was going to fly away.

The kids thought it was fun to hang out at the bow of the boat where the wind was the strongest.  Poor jacob can barely stand.
 Hailey got stuck and couldn't move, so Brennan went and saved her.  Notice how hard he is struggling  just to walk forward.

 Back inside where it is safe and warm.




Once we got off the boat, we looked or a place to eat lunch.  We found a little fish house that served some pretty good fish'n'chips.

Jacob and grandpa Clark 

Everyone took to drawing on the table while we waited for our food.  

 After we got to the Island and ate some lunch, we found a spot to take our photos.  It was cold and windy.  Our faces were so read and our hair was a mess, but we came to get photos and so that was what we did.  For 2 minutes at least...





 I wish this photo had been more clear.  It is really cute.



I wish the weather could have been much better, so we could have gotten more shots, but James was not having it and so we were done.

We took a stroll down to Mora's Ice Cream.  You know because when you're freezing, that's just what you do.


Mora's Ice Cream is a must when you're on Bainbridge Island!  I've blogged about this before.  The Ice Cream is just soooo good and they will even ship it to your house if you want.  My favorite is the Coconut and Cheesecake flavors.


It's not an official trip with Grandpa's camera unless you get a silly face from Hailey?


This photo sequence cracked me up.  I was standing in the back yelling, jumping up and down so James would sit still and smile.  Everyone around us was staring at me.  James' reaction was humorous. His face says it all, "Get me out of this thing!"

"What the heck are you doing?"

"Alright, I'll be slightly amused."

James with his daddy.


Back on the ferry on our way home.  It was still windy, but not as bad as it was earlier in the day.

I think missing a nap and having croup (a very mild case mind you) tuckered this boy out, but not for long.

We love living in Seattle and we love going out on Puget sound.


Oh the wind

James and his classic "sticking his hands in front of his face" pose.



 Seattle.

I like this photo for some reason, even more when it's blown up.  Maybe in 100 years, people will look at it with interest and fascination, like how we look at photos from 100 years ago and think about how much times have changed.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Love all the pictures....the picture of Hailey being rescued cracked me up-it LOOKED windy! :)

The Horal Clan said...

Great photos! So beautiful there. That picture of Brennan and Hailey is awesome! That is some wind! Glad you had a good visit.