Sunday, November 17, 2013

Friday-Drawings, Donuts, and Zoo

Hailey drew a beautiful picture of her babysitter, Josie.  She really likes Josie a lot. Josie is the one in the middle with the bun on top of her head.  

Here James is eating some steel cut oats again for breakfast.  He really loves them!  

As a reward, I gave James a donut for eating so healthy.  That makes sense right?  Seems like a responsible thing to do ;) Just kidding, I rarely ever buy donuts, but I went to the store early this morning and I couldn't resist buying the kids some donuts.  (Notice how clean my desk is?  In every picture lately that thing has been a mess.  I finally cleaned it!)

We went to the Cougar Mountain zoo today with a friend.  This zoo is so small and takes about an hour to go through the whole thing, but the exhibits are pretty cool.  See how close we are to those cougars?  I've never stood so close to one before.  

The tiger exhibit was the BEST one!  This cage looks small, but they are only in the cage for a short amount of time before they switch them out with two other tigers.  This picture doesn't serve it justice.  That tiger was so close and when he stood up, he was so huge.  I swear, he was as tall as a small cow.  His shoulders probably came up to my chest.  He was a big boy. 

Here is the other tiger exhibit.  So close again.  

They have deer at this zoo.  I had to laugh since we get wild deer through our yard all the time.  

Alpacas.  They were kind of homely looking, but James really loved them and was so excited that he got to touch them.  

No comments: