Thursday, August 15, 2013

Summer Vacation- Day 59

It was a rainy day and despite my efforts to be a patient, loving mom, I told the kids that they could watch as much TV as they wanted. I figured it was better than me yelling at them every time they fought, whined, or tattle tailed.  I needed to regroup.  I think we have been too busy lately and the kids are really tired.  So this was a good thing.  They actually played Legos half the day too.


We did make it out of the house to the grocery store.  This is my trick for happy shopping.  I sometimes will get the kids a corndog, a donut, or a croissant while I shop.  It keeps them happy and occupied.  

James was my little helper in the kitchen tonight.  He was very helpful and pretended to stir an empty bowl.  He is so cute.  I made Baked Potato Soup.  It was raining, so I felt the urge to make some comfort food.   

Ah motherhood, you do what you gotta to get a job done.  Tonight, I cut James' hair in the bath tub.  


What a sharp looking boy :)

1 comment:

Danielle said...

ha...we had soup the other night for the same reason! except it was still muggy hot outside, I was just pretending it felt how it looked outside. ;)