Sunday, August 4, 2013

Summer Vacation- Day 47

Today was our last day in Minnesota.  So we said goodbye to both Cameron and Don's family. 

James wanted to be held by his cousin Kayla.  He had just woken up from a nap.  

At the airport waiting for the plane. They love to watch all the planes go by.  I have to admit the kids are pretty good travelers and well behaved.  

My kids are always interested in learning new things.  That's probably every kid really, but I do love their zest to learn.  

Our ride was nearly 4 hours!  The pilot took us on a longer route to avoid bad weather.  There were times when James was a pill, but Hailey and Jacob are the best travelers.  As long as we have a movie for them, they're good.  

They watched Duck Tales.  

James is the first child in this family who isn't in love with the TV.  I'm trying to decide if this is a good thing or not.  I don't mind it at all, except when it comes to traveling.  I would prefer him to get sucked into a movie like the other kids.  Our trip to Maui will be an interesting flight since its longer.  

I got home to discover that while I was gone, Brennan replaced the faucet and the garbage disposal on the kitchen island sink.  It was a surprise to me, i didn't know he wanted a new faucet.  I definitely don't feel bad now for getting that message last week ;) it looks like we both indulged.    

Brennan also made a maple cutting board.  He has always wanted to make one.  It's really beautiful.  

Reunited at last!  It was a long week and we missed each other like crazy.  Minnesota was fun, but we are happy to be home together as a family again.  

1 comment:

The Horal Clan said...

Looks like a great trip! Love Hailey and Miley getting their ears pierced! They will always remember that! Wish we could have worked it to see you guys too! Hopefully soon.