I've said it once and I'll say it again, taking care of a toddler while pregnant is exhausting. I'm one of those people who feel like I have a million things to do during the day. Starting with my morning shower, getting dressed, doing hair and make-up, and then making my bed before I leave the room to get Hailey out of bed and ready for the day. Then theres breakfast to cook and clean up. Morning chores usually include some kind of cleaning around the house and then errands to run if any. Hailey usually helps me in some way or plays by herself. After I feel that I have accomplished everything I wanted to, Hailey and I spend the rest of the day playing together and going outside when the weather permits it. Lately it's been really hard to take Hailey on her daily walks after all the work I do in the morning. Going outside is one of her favorite things and I've made it almost impossible for myself to make it happen. This morning I woke up and pondered my day and the things that needed to get done. I made the list of priorities between cleaning, cooking, errands, and Hailey. I decided that Hailey is most happy and well behaved when her and I get our time together, especially when it's outside. So after breakfast we went for a long walk, so long that Brennan came by and picked us up as he came home from work for lunch.
Hailey was so thrilled! It was definitely worth putting off everything else just for her. Now hopefully I will have my energy back to do everything again after this baby is born.
No comments:
Post a Comment