We got to the hospital about 5:30am for an induction. They started with the IV. My veins were small because I was dehydrated a little and it took 3 people and 5 pokes to get one started. That was honestly the most painful part of the whole delivery. Then 3 hours later I got an epidural. My water was broken by my doctor around 12pm. Then we waited till 5:40pm to push and by 5:50pm, 3 contractions later and 11 pushes, he came out.
Jacob Brennan was born 9lbs 14oz and 22in long. He is a whopper! I watched in the mirror as he came out. Thank goodness for epidurals! I seriously don't think I could have done it without one. Jacob has a ton of hair and he looks just like a Webber and not a Clark. He is such a calm baby, all he does is sleep, unlike Hailey. He is so big that he has to have his sugar level tested constantly because it seems to keep dropping if he doesn't get enough to eat. So I breast feed him and afterwards I have to give him formula just until my milk comes in. He sleeps through feedings too, making it uneasy to nurse.
I can't describe the feeling for when he came out. All I remember is getting to hold him and just crying. He is so special! I just love him to pieces. I think he is so handsome! I can't get over him and especially his hair! I love him so much and I love holding him close to me. Jacob and Hailey are the best thing that ever happened to me. Why anyone would want to put off kids or not have any at all is beyond me. They don't have a clue how amazing it is! They are my greatest blessings in life!
2 comments:
Wow! It sounds like you just gave birth to a line backer! Thank goodness for epidurals! We're so happy to hear that both you and the baby are happy and healthy. Now soak up all the rest you can, because life's about to get busy! Congrats!
i want to see you guys already....but i can't do it with both kids (nor would you want me to, lol). Hope you're doing okay and you're getting some sleep. What am I talking about? All they do is SLEEP right now anyway. Especially if you're having to supplement with formula. He sounds like he eats like Ethan did...good luck!
Post a Comment