Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Baby Update




It's been almost a week now and Jacob had a visit to the doctor. When Jacob was born he weighed 9lbs 14oz and when we left the hospital he weighed 9lbs 4oz. Today he weighed in at 9lbs 11oz. On average babies are supposed to gain their weight back by the first two weeks. Jacob has almost reached 9lbs 14oz before one week! Hailey did the same thing and surpassed her birth weight as well in one week. I have very hungry babies who LOVE to eat. I guess I have a 5 star rating for the juice bar.

Jacob is keeping us up almost all night. He loves to sleep all day. In fact I have to wake him up to eat, but when it comes to night time he is alert. Brennan and I take turns through the night. I take the first half and he takes the second. He eats about every hour and a half through the night. No wonder he's putting on the ounces! He's a big boy and I guess he needs the food to keep up.

Except for the lack of sleep, we're doing great! I really can't say enough how much better I feel now that I'm not pregnant anymore. Though a bigger baby, this recovery has been really quick. My body has bounced back quicker than the first time.

Hailey really didn't know what to think when we first brought home the baby. She loves babies, but something tells me she knew this one was here to stay. She's thrown a few more fits than usual. Sometimes when the baby cries, she'll pretend to cry just for the attention. She'll also lay down next to the baby when I'm changing his diaper, waiting for her turn, which is very rare. She also avoided me the first few days, but has now began to warm up to both me and baby. She's adjusting well.

Brennan and I both have to say that we love newborns, but we can't wait for Jacob to become a toddler so he can play with us. It's fun having kids.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

oh i'm so glad to hear you guys are doing well! that sucks that you're getting so little sleep. hopefully his sleep schedule will regulate soon and you guys can get some rest! love you!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS! He is a handsom guy! I saw the pictures last week but it has taken me this long to figure out how to post this. I technology challenged. We will be thinking of you guys. Try to get some sleep.
Nick & Krista

Courtney B said...

what cute kids you have! congrats!!!