Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Summer Vacation- Day 41 "The Twilight Zone"

The problem with your husband thinking that you're crazy all the time, is when you tell him that you see a bat flying around the house after that weird noise you just heard under your bed, he doesn't believe you.  Then he goes around telling people this funny story that his wife thought she saw a bat flying around the house and that his sound explanation is probably what really happened, that a mouse was under the bed.  We both heard a scratching noise from under our bed last night and I swear I saw something flying in our room.  So tonight, I woke up to the same sound and when I saw that bat flying circles above my head, I made sure Brennan saw it this time.  He says he owes me one, so here he sits at 2am, waiting for the bat to fly out of Jacob and James' room and hopefully out the front door that we left open.  After a while, he was ready to give up and go back to sleep, but then he looked at me and knew that that was not going to happen.  So he went and searched for the bat and found it hiding under a beanbag.  With leather gloves on, he threw a towel over it and took it outside.  We figured that the scratching sound came from a tube of Christmas wrapping paper that was under our bed and that he must of been hiding in there for the past few nights.  

Thanks to my night adventure, I slept in and was late to my dentist appointment.  I have to get a crown on one of my molars because it has a crack in it.  I had to get three different shots just to numb me all the way.  Ahh, so not fun.  On the other hand though, I feel lucky to live in a time when fixes like this exist.  

I walked by the bathroom to see James sitting on the toilet, all on his own.  I had to get a shot because it didn't look very comfortable with the seat up and everything.  Way to go buddy!  

We went to the Anderson's pool one last time before they (hopefully) get home tomorrow from there trip to Jerusalem with their 5 kids.  Things are not good over there right now with the war between the Israelis and Hamas.  I hope the airport will be running and they can get out.  

After hours of swimming, I made the kids sit out of the sun and watch some TV under the covered porch.  I have to admit, having a TV outside is actually really cool :) 

James missed his nap, so he fell asleep on his big brother Jacob. Love!

Hailey got to bring her friend Madi to swim, while Jacob got to bring his friend Richey.  They were so happy that they could swim with their friends, it definitely makes the experience better for everyone.  The girls were so cute in their matching swimsuits.  

No comments: