We started our forth of July off by sleeping in! We all slept until 8am, which never happens. Then I went to the store to pick up some nessesities of life, we call them donuts and eggs. After that, we spent two hours mowing our lawn while the kids played between our house and the neighbors across the street. At one point the kids and their friend were at our house and wanted to run back across the street. Just as they headed for the door, I got a text from another neighbor with this picture, warning me that the bear was headed towards our house. At that moment, I was so thankful I know my neighbors and have their phone numbers. We didn't see the bear, he must have run away in another direction. By the way, we have two bears that roam our neighborhood regularly. Everyone seems to call them Yogi and Boo boo.

Though we know bears are dangerous and know not to go near them, these bears seem to only be interested in food. They don't like to be near people and they get spooked pretty easily. They run when they see someone. A couple of weeks ago, Brennan and I saw a bear getting into our neighbors garbage can. I ran up to him and got about 30 yards away and started clapping and yelling. He started to walk away, then suddenly turned around to face me. In that moment I thought, "hmm, maybe this wasn't such a good idea.", but it was apparent that he was looking for a place to go. He then turned around and climbed over the neighbors 6ft tall fence like it was nothing.
The kids like to play on our neighbors new teeter totter.
Brennan came over and helped build this new dome. I love having neighbors with kids.
I love that my neighbor gave my kids ice cream before lunch. She was a little nervice that I wouldn't be ok with it, but I just laughed. Seemed like a good idea to me.
Here's Franco enjoying sticking his head out the car window. It's the little things :)
We spent part of our forth swimming at Franco's house. So fun.
In Sammamish, fireworks are illegal. So the only way to see some fireworks is to go down to the library and watch the big fireworks show that the city puts on.
Happy forth everyone! God bless America!
2 comments:
Yeah! Your back to daily blogging, I love it! I just caught up on your life while putting Savanna down for a nap, makes me so happy :)
Excited to see ya in a week!
oh man, that's crazy that you ran up to the bear like that! I would've probably peed my pants when it turned towards me, lol.
Post a Comment