Thursday, July 10, 2014
Summer Vacation- Day 22 "wood, Slide, Bird"
Our neighbors cut down 6 trees today. I came home from picking the kids up from baseball camp and saw all the trees being cut up into small pieces. Wood like this is a hot commodity in our neighborhood, so I knew if I didn't go over and claim it, someone else would. As soon as my neighbor answered the door, she told me that Brennan had already been by to ask if he could have it. I wasn't surprised :) Later that night, a friend from church came by and helped Brennan move all of the wood into our back yard. Our neighbors in the house behind the fence asked if this was an Oregonian thing, to collect and chop wood. I told him it was a Brennan thing ;)
Here is some of the wood we've collected so far this year and all free from neighbors and friends. It's nice living in a forest. Our house will be warm this winter.
I put Cars on for James to watch this morning while I cleaned the house, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten anything done. He loves to be with mommy and who can blame him?
James threw the biggest fit today because I tried to force him to wear his swim diaper to go down the slip-n-slide. We had friends over, but in the end James won. It wasn't worth it, he was having so much fun.
We have some baby birds!!! The past two years we have hung flower baskets in our backyard and there is a place by our back doors that always get a bird's nest. Last year we had multiple nests, but something ate all the eggs one night. This year we finally got some baby birds and they are so sweet. They all hatched in the last 24 hours. Their little mouths would open every time I would stick my cell phone in to get a picture.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
that is awesome all the wood you've gotten for free!
Post a Comment