Saturday, March 15, 2014

Another Trip to Portland

I went down to Portland again this weekend, this time with the kids so they could see their grandpa Webber.  We stayed the night at this fabulous ladies house, which she just sold and didn't tell me about until I showed up and saw the "for sale" sign in front of her house.  They're going to build yet another house.  Crazy!  Anyway, the kids had a blast playing with the first friends they ever made in life and Jessie and I had fun catching up, eating oatmeal fudgies, and watching Catching Fire.  Unfortunately, James woke up at 4:30am, so I was up trying to keep him quiet and around 6, he accidentally fell off the bed and hit his head on the wall, which woke up the entire household.  I may never be aloud back at Jessie's house again for a sleepover.  

Grandpa was so excited to see his grand babies.  I think it might have added another day to his life.  It took James a little while to warm up to grandpa and when he did, he caused some serious trouble.  My poor dad had surgery recently to replace his pace maker for his heart and James knew just wear it was too because he kept accidentally hitting grandpa there with his toys and poor grandpa was in so much pain, but grandpa was very forgiving.  He was just so happy to see him.  

Grandma and grandpa Webber with 3 of their grand babies.  

Another reason I came down was because I needed to purchase my chairs.  Now that I had finalized the fabric for the chairs, I now need to pick out some pillows.  The three fabrics below were some choices I was looking at.  The one on the right is fun, but I think it might clash too much, the one in the middle is fun and looks much better in person, but the one on the left I think goes best with the room it's going in.  I'm going to see if I can find fabric similar to it and make the pillows myself to save some money and to get the size and shape I want.  I have to say, it feels good to finally get the chairs done and out of the way.  I've been looking for a year now, so this is a relief.  I'm sure Brennan is more relieved than I am though because he just loves how indecisive I am with this stuff ;)

No comments: