This little man thinks it's funny now to put his hands infront of his face when I try to take his picture.
Hailey did something very sweet today for her brother Jacob. She knew that Jacob was limited on the books he was allowed to check out from the school library. So she checked him out a cool Star Wars book, just for him. Isn't she the best?! She is the most amazing child. I love her.
Now for my last blessing of the day. I had been doing a lot of thinking lately about getting a single jogging stroller so I can do my running during the day. It's getting too dark to run during the early mornings or evenings and I really hate running on treadmills, so my only option is to run during the day. I was feeling very doubtful of myself that I could run and push a stroller at the same time. We have a lot of big hills around here. I had been very prayerful about it. Today I had prayed wondering if it was realistic that I could do it and if Heavenly Father thought I could do it. Well, later as I was driving the kids to their piano lessons, I saw this single jogging stroller parked outside my neighborhood with a free sign on it. I felt that it was an answer to my prayers and that Heavenly Father knows I can do it. So i picked it up and now I am determined to go running with it through out the week. I have faith that I will make it! By the way, it is a really nice stroller. It's old, but it moves a lot better than most of the new strollers I've looked at.
Thursday, September 19, 2013
Wednesday- Blessings from Heaven
We went to Microsoft today to have lunch with dad and to bring him an extra key because he locked his other key in the car.
Funny story. As we were leaving Microsoft, I realized that it was Wednesday and that school get's out two hours earlier at 12:55. I looked at the clock and it was 12:50. I was 30 minutes from home and there was no way I was going to make it home in time for Hailey to get off the bus. So I called my neighbor, but she wasn't home. I then had no other options. Hailey was getting off the school bus and was going to walk into an empty house :( I sped the whole way, praying that Hailey would be ok and that she would be a brave girl and not get scared. I finally got home at 1:12 and ran inside looking for Hailey. 30 seconds after I get home, the bus pulled around the corner. It was running late! It was a blessing I tell you! Our family was looked after. Hailey and I had a chat about what to do if something like this happens again. I also went over to a couple of my neighbors houses to get their phone numbers, just in case.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
LOVE this Rachel! So glad her bus was running late that day and everything turned out alright. And the jogging stroller-how cool! I've been thinking for awhile about getting one too (I used to have one but got rid of it....now i'm thinking when the kids are in school is the best time to go). And you can totally do it. It'll slow you down, but when you are able to run without it, it will have worked like resistance training and you'll be faster in the long run. And that looks like a great stroller for running. :)
So glad you got home in time. That is scary! Why does she get out early on Wednesdays? That would be hard to remember. Love the jogger, how awesome is that to get free! Good luck on the running with James :) I am going to the Dr tomorrow to drain the fluid from my knee again! All from running! I tried jogging again about a month ago and have had my knees swelling ever since. Now I get a great big needle in my knee tomorrow! Fun!
Post a Comment