Friday, September 27, 2013

Friday- Stellar Student Award!

Hailey got the Stellar Student Award at school today!  She received a certificate and got to sit with the principal at lunch up on the stage.  Debra in the front office made a big deal about it.  


Hailey has been telling me about the boy who sits right next to her in class.  He just moved here from China and is learning to speak English.  Hailey has been telling me that she helps him learn new words and also helps him underand their assignments in class.  So I was not surprised when I read what her teacher wrote about Hailey and why she deserved the award.  I'm a proud momma that my child makes such good choices.  

We are having another rain/wind storm this weekend and so I started a fire to keep us warm.  

We snuggled up and watched a movie tonight too.  

We went with Grandma Clark today to go visit her new puppy she is getting from a breader here in Seattle.  It's a Schnauzer and is only 2 weeks old.  The kids were in heaven holding the puppies.  I wish I had my phone so I could have taken photos.  Grandma was having a hard time choosing a name for her new dog and since it's a German dog, she wants a German name.  So she asked the kids what name they thought she should name her dog and after a moment, Jacob said very quietly, "How about Holly?".  Grandma was sold.  So that's her new name and we might actually get the dog to stay with us a few days before grandma makes a trip back to Sattle to pick up the dog when it's ready in 6 weeks.  

No comments: