Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Monday- Shots Day

Poor, poor Jacob.  He had to get his 5 year shots today.  First of all, I would like to share a rather funny story about Jacobs 5 year check up.  The nurse down at the school kept calling me all summer, leaving me messages about how Jacob was missing some vaccines on his record.  I put it off until last minute because I was quite certain he had his shots up to date.  I was so certain, that I called the Drs office to get a complete record of his vaccine history.  Turns out, I never took him in for his 5 year check up.  His birthday was in April.  What kind of a mother am I?!  It was so funny.  So I got him scheduled as soon as the Dr could get him in, which happened to be 2 hours before Hailey's 7 year check up.  James went in the Friday before for his 18 month check up too.  Good gracious, I'm so glad we won't have to do that again for awhile.  

Anyway, so I thought I was doing Jacob a favor by telling him on the way to the Dr that he was getting some shots.  I don't know what rationality I thought I had going there, but I thought, you know, maybe telling him early would help him prepare for the shots.  That was dumb.  I get out of the car and open the door for Jacob and he just sits there, not moving.  I had to unbuckle his seatbelt and force him out of the car as he tried his hardest to hang on to James' carseat.  I carried him into the office while he cried, "I don't want to get a shot!".  He got three shots.  I felt bad for him.  I hate getting even one shot.  His arm really hurts now too.  

No comments: