Thursday, August 21, 2014

Summer Vacation- Day 64 "What a Day".

This is what happens in our house when you bad mouth mom... ;)

We got a free car wash today because the car wash in town was celebrating their anniversary and decided to celebrate by giving everyone a free car wash.  

I call this Parental Pay Day.  

Miss Hailey attended an art camp this week, her favorite thing in the world. The theme was Frozen.  As you can see, she made Olaf out of clay.  

She also painted a picture of Olaf and glittered a tiara using a special glass glitter that makes it sparkle more than the other stuff.  

Hailey made a new friend while at art camp.  Hailey has always had such good experiences while at art camp with all the other girls, which makes me happy.  

Jacob picked me another flower today.  I've decided to take a photo of every flower Jacob gives me from now on and then make a collage out of all the photos over the year, to show Jacob all the kindness he has shown his mother.  

We went to the park tonight for a picnic and to play.  I love how much my kids love playing with James.  Jacob was asked today if he's looking forward to going back to school.  He said that he is kind of excited, but that he's going to miss playing with James.  

There's our billy goat, always climbing on top of things since he was a baby.  

Jacob thinks he's Spidrman when he climbs this thing. 

Brennan thought that park bench was too uncomfortable, so he sat down on this swing and let James sit with him.  

After dinner, we went and test drove a Nissan Leaf, which is an all-electric car, no gas.  Brennan claims that it costs him between $150-$200 a month for gas on his truck, so he figures if he leased a Leaf, that we could either save money per month or at least break even.  He got a pretty good deal on one, so he ended up leasing the new car.  I'm interested to see if it's actually true that we can save money.  I think we will though, especially since I'll be driving it as well, when I get the chance.  The truck has been downgraded to a recreational vehicle.  

I tell ya, I will never get tired of finding toys in my bed :)

2 comments:

Danielle said...

come back! :)

Danielle said...

it's been two months....are you pregnant? :)