We made it to Portland for the Starlight parade. Hailey has been asking me all year long if we could go to the Starlight parade this year and so I had to make it happen. It was the best trip I tell you!
We arrived Saturday morning and let the kids play with their best friends in Portland. Then we went to go visit my dad in the hospital who was preparing to have surgery to place the ports for his new adventure in life, dialysis. That was a great visit.
The parade was as fun as parades get ;) we were smart this year and stayed in a hotel right on the parade strip. Totally worth it!!! Not only did I get a front row seat, even though I grabbed my spot at 6pm, but when a kid was tired, Brennan just took a kid up and put them to bed. Hailey was the only kid who stayed up until the parade was over. We didn't have to fight traffic trying to get home. AWESOME!!
I also ran in the 5k before the parade and I am sad to say that I didn't do so well. You see, I haven't done any real running since I was pregnant with James. I survived though and it was so fun to run with my good friend Jessie!





1 comment:
heck! I want to get a hotel for that night just for that-looks like a great time! sad I missed you but we just couldn't make it downtown this year. :(
Post a Comment