Thursday, July 2, 2009

Am I Sick in the Head?

Hailey doesn't take naps anymore, which means she is around me all day long. I love Hailey with all my heart and sometimes I need a little adult time. Do you hear me? So when Jacob takes a nap, I like to put Hailey in the play room and turn on a movie for her. Unfortunately, I haven't gone to the library lately to get a new and "Exciting" moving for Hailey, so she is in no way interested in quiet time. I like to lay down and read a book during quiet time, but Hailey is not for it. She wants me to play the entertainer for her all day.

So today I went to the library and got a new movie for quiet time. She wanted to watch it as soon as we got home, but I wouldn't let her because I wanted her to be glued to it during quiet time!! YES, YES!!! So she wined and cried for the rest of the morning and I have to admit, I really
enjoyed it. I kept thinking to myself, "How do you like it Hailey? Being kept from doing something that you really want to do because someone else wants your attention? Hahahahaa!" I forced her to play with me until lunch and then quiet time. It was nice. Am I a little sick?

3 comments:

Caitlin said...

HILARIOUS! Give her a taste of the REAL side of motherhood...

I am so sorry that she is done with naps. I dread, dread, dread that day...

The Horal Clan said...

Oh, I am so sorry, it's really BAD when they stop napping. I still wish Embry would nap. Hopefully Brig will do a few more years! We miss going to the library, we did that every week in Florida. This retarded fee here to use the library really stinks!

Danielle said...

yeah, i'd say you're a bit sick in the head! but aren't we all as mothers?! :)