Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Sun Peaks Trip Day 3

Our day started off with cooking breakfast while Hailey and Jacob sled on the huge snow hill across the street, created by the snow plows.

It didn't end too well.  Jacob flew off of the sled and landed on his back on the edge of the sled.  That ended our fun sledding morning ;) 

Today was my first time on skis, ever!  I took a four hour lesson.  I know Brennan is pretty excited about me skiing, but I'm not sure if he's more excited to have his wife as a skiing buddy or that me skiing makes me hotter ;) All I've heard today is "Ski Bunny!"  

I had a really fun time skiing and I'm picking it up pretty fast.  It's a lot easier to learn how to ski than it is to snowboard, I'm tempted to never snowboard again.  It's a lot of fun to ski too.  My quads and calfs are sore and my shins have bruises on them, skiing was exhausting and brutal.  Brennan keeps reassuring me that as I get better with skiing that I won't need to use my muscles as much.   I was so tired tonight, I couldn't do ANYTHING!  It was a good sign of a good day.  All I could think about was skiing, skiing, skiing!  I can't wait to go again.  

Yeah, it look silly.  This is called the platform, it pulls you up the mountain :)  Brennan and the kids ski'd past me and stopped to say hi and take a picture.  

Ha, Hailey just loves it when dad takes a surprise photo of her doing something.  Just look at that face!  

Dad and Hailey went on the Chistmas tree run, where there are 20 decorated Christmas tress to view for your pleasure.  

It feels a lot like Christmas around here!  

Hailey has become a much stronger skier on this trip.  She is loving it.  

This little man got to spend some time in the fun child care center while we ski'd.  He helped me carry my ski gear from the truck.  I thought he looked so cute and also, look at his new ski jacket!  I bought it big because for the price, he's going to be wearing it when he learns to ski in a year or two, if you know what I mean?! 

I was a little worried that James wasn't going to like the child center, but to my surprise, he didn't want to leave!  We stood there for 10 minutes trying to get him to leave, but he just kept saying no.  That makes me happy.  

James with daddy.  Two very happy boys :)

No comments: