Sunday, December 21, 2014

Sun Peaks Trip Day 1

We started our road trip to Canada a day early.  We were supposed to leave on Monday, but Brennan called the owner to see if they had an availability a day earlier for our trip and they said yes and that they would give us the extra day for free :)

So off we went right after church.  I did not want to stop for anything, so I let the kids eat their lunch in the car, against Brennan's wishes.  

Here we are at the Boarder!  Thankfully Brennan had a passport card since his new passport hasn't arrived yet.  We were so worried a week ago when he couldn't find his passport for his business trip.  

So the trip was supposed to take a little under 6 hours, but some how Brennan's navigator on his phone took us the long way and we ended up going an extra two hours.  I kept asking in the car if we took the wrong turn because something didn't seem right, but Brennan kept reassuring me that we were going the right way because he had been checking the map.  We finally stopped off for dinner (we were hoping to eat dinner at our condo) and Brennan checked the maps and discovered we took the longer route :( To think that the shorter route would have been less windy and we would have had three less people on the verge of throwing up!  At one point we pulled over so Hailey and Jacob could sit in the front while I moved to the back and then I got car sick.  Haha, good times :)

We finally made it and the kids got out their sled, while Brennan and I unpacked.  They were so happy to see snow!  We all are in fact!  This is going to be a fun trip.  

I have nothing to say about this photo, other than here's Brennan and James hanging out in the kitchen in the condo :) 

The kids are in heaven with the hot tub!  Doesn't that look dreamy?  Jacob kept jumping out to step in the snow and then jumped back into the hot tub.  

Later, after the kids were in bed, Brennan and I went in the hot tub.  Brennan and I had fun rolling in the snow and jumping back in the hot tub.  I didn't really dive into the snow quite like Brennan did.  He rolled all over it.  It was so cold, but the burning sensation in the hot water felt good.  

Love :)

1 comment:

The Horal Clan said...

Haha! Leave it to the guys to not get the directions right! Have a great trip! Looks awesome!