Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Power Outage and Brennan is in China!

Brennan left for China last night, so of course the power went out. We had a bad wind storm and the gust of wind that took the power out was so strong, that it woke me up and I watched as the lights flickered and went out.  We woke up to a cold, dark house. The kids were excited, I was not.  First, we found the flashlights and that's when the fun began for the kids. 

I had no idea how long the power was going to be out, so I made a fire to keep us warn.  I'm not as good at making fires as Brennan is, so I had to get creative when the wood refused to catch fire.  I found the lighter fluid that we use to light charcoal and poured it all over the wood.  Problem solved, as you can see :)

Then I went to make breakfast in the dark.  We have a gas stove, so I was able to cook up some eggs.  It was entertaining to watch our neighbors drive out of the neighborhood, to what I expected, were driving to go eat breakfast at a restaurant with power.  After breakfast, we went to the gym because we were so cold and because I wanted to work out and take a hot shower.  The power came back on right before we got home, so we were fine.  

No comments: