I saw a pantry today in a magazine that was so ridiculously organized that there was no way it was actually used. It was too beautiful.
Then I got a good laugh looking at my own pantry. It can use some work and it's no wonder Brennan has a hard time finding anything in there. Oh boy, I have some work to do.
Organizing containers cost a lot of money. Buying one or two isn't that bad, but when you need to buy a ton? Yikes! So I looked around on the internet and found a few creative ideas that are affordable and appealing to the eye :)
What do you think about this?
Mason jars are super cheap and with a label on the front you can make them look appealing and simplified. The glass does make it breakable, but my kids won't be touching them.
How about this next option? The breakables on top and everything else you could put in a basket. It's more organized than my pantry. Baking stuff in one basket, snacks for the kids in another basket. This could work for me.
What do you guys think? What works for you?




3 comments:
I WISH my pantry looked like that first one!
Love the mason jar idea- but they are really expensive on the East Coast for some reason? Are they cheap in Oregon?
I want to try to do that last one, but maybe with wicker baskets with chalkboard labels? Hmmm...
I think I need to organize my pantry...
Oh the pantry...it's a good thing they have doors. :) My pantry actually looks like the last picture...baskets to organize my type. I think the glass containers to put stuff in will be a waste of time....because you're always going to be having to refill them. BUT. I do use glass jars I got from IKEA on my counter that I put snack foods in. Which I do like that. I have one for goldfish, pretzels and raisins...things I always have on hand. But other than that, I think baskets are the way to go. Mine isn't pretty like the first picture, but it works and I could tell you where anything is in there without having to look first. So it works for me. :)
Post a Comment