Hailey it's your birthday and not just any birthday, but your Golden Birthday. So we had to make it super special. Your dad called the government and told them to make the 5th a holiday, so they decided to call it Labor Day and give everyone the day off. We all know it was just for you, even though it wasn't called National Hailey Rose Day, which it should have been.
We decided to start the day off with a cake, cause isn't that how everyone starts off their birthdays? Well, maybe just on Golden Birthdays that's how's it's done. At your request there was syrup and whip cream on top with some candles.
Some people were so moved by the experience, they had to cry out with tears of joy.
However, Hailey mistook them for tears of sadness. So to make everyone comfortable and calm again, we gave Jacob the same treatment (just this once) which made him happy again.
Hailey and her most gracious, spectacular, humble mother went off to get Hailey her first pedicure. We went to Gorgeous Nails and Hailey got to sit in the bear chair and watch a princess movie while the nail tech gave her a children's pedicure. Hailey thought it was the coolest thing ever, something her and her mother share. (I can't believe I didn't get a photo of the final result, drat!)
Then we came home to find daddy and Jacob waiting with Hailey's big (and I mean big) surprise...a new bike. The bike is a little big for her, but Hailey doesn't care. She thinks it is so beautiful.
After spending some time together (Some of that time included cleaning a bathroom, in which Hailey helped scrub the toilet) , we needed to get out of the house and do something before our dinner reservations. So per Hailey's request, we went to the mall and road on all the rides. Such simple pleasures.
Hailey really wanted to go to Benihanas for dinner, so that's what we did.
After dinner, we went to grandma and grandpa's house to open the gifts they got for her.
In the end, it was a pretty good day and you loved every bit of it. I'm so glad you're my special little girl. I love you.
2 comments:
glad she had such a fantastic birthday! and benihanas....I LOVE that she requested that for her bday dinner. So much better than what my kids would ask for (ahem, burger king).
Love that you went and got a pedicure with her! That's awesome! I LOVE Gorgeous Nails! I can't believe Hailey is 5 already! Crazy!
Post a Comment