Friday, October 19, 2012

Favorite Moments- Jacob

Yesterday I told Jacob that I had too much laundry to do and too many dishes to wash. He then responded in his sweet little voice, "I'll help you mom. We'll do it together." Jacob helped rinse off the dishes while I put them in the dishwasher. He totally soaked himself while doing it and when we were all done he said, "Oh boy mom, all this hard work sure makes me hungry."

He is such sweetness. He loves to share his treats with others and give me snuggles and kisses. He is so sweet.

Another moment today was when we were driving home from the store and Jacob was telling Hailey all about his new preschool. Jacob had been feeling left out since Hailey started kindergarden. Though he never said a word about it, as his mother I could tell he was bummed. So as we were driving he asked me if we could drive by his new preschool to show Hailey what it looked like. It's in some lady's house who's been teaching preschool for 25 years. Jacob just beamed as we drove by. He is so excited to start.

Another moment that occurred back in May that I will never forget because it was so cute. Before we moved to Seattle officially, we took the family up to check out the area. We ended up having lunch at the Space Needle. I kept telling the kids that it looks like a spaceship. When we got inside Jacob sat right down and said, "Ok, I'm ready to go. Time for blastoff!". He seriously thought that we were in a spaceship and that we were going to go to outer space.

Two days after James was born, The kids had a family day at preschool and dad got to attend this time since I was still in the hospital. The teacher had announced to the class that Hailey and Jacob had a new baby brother. Jacob then stood on a table and announced that his name was "Jacob Jr!" He had always wanted James' name to be Jacob.

I just love that boy. His innocence and sweetness is so precious. He melts my heart.

No comments: