Sunday, April 10, 2011

Happy Birthday Jacob!


Today Jacob turned 3.  Yes, my youngest is now 3 and no I am not ready just yet for another one, but I know you were going to say it :)  

We decided to go bowling the day before as a family.  The kids thought it was fun, but after the first game, I think they prefer Wii bowling over real bowling.  Like everything else, technology has taken over in this department.  

Hailey loved her pink ball and Jacob just wanted to snuggle with his mommy :) 


Today we had a dinner with people we love like Grandma, Aunt Leah, and Brennan's best friend Jordan who happened to be in town on business.  
For those of you who don't know, today is the anniversary of my dad's first heart attack.  It's been a really trialling time for my dad since, so he wasn't feeling his best to come over.  We love him still and wish he could have been here with us.  

We had a lot of fun and opened lots of presents.  Do to too many toys, we decided to stick with books, particularly Dr Seuss, and a new bike helmet.  We have really gotten into Dr Seuss lately.  We have acquired quite the collection.  I highly recommend them to anyone with kids :) 

Happy Birthday Jacob!  You are my special little boy.  You give great hugs and kisses.  One of your favorite things is to snuggle with mommy.  You really like to go fishing with your daddy.  Crafts have become a fun hobby and you absolutely adore your big sister.  You prefer to play with her over anyone else.  You two have become really close.  We are so blessed to have you in our lives! 

3 comments:

Caitlin said...

Love the pictures! Can't believe he is 3??!

Disappointed that you aren't ready for another one yet- any time I see you have posted I quickly check to see if it is a pregnancy announcement! HAHA!

Marissa and Blaine said...

Great pictures! I can't believe he's already 3!!! Crazy!!!

Paige said...

I agree, Dr. Seuss is where it's at! I can't believe Jacob is already 3!
Dana and I are actually coming through Portland on our way down the west coast! This time with 3 kids and no dog (: We would love to see you guys again! It will be around July 12th or so