Sunday, May 17, 2009

Watch What You Say



Always, I repeat, always beware of what you promise your children. Make sure that what you promise is something you can follow through with.

Last week out of desperation, I told Hailey that if she pooped on the potty for 1 week straight, she could go to Utah to see her cousins. Who would have known that this one promise, in the 2 months of what feels like hundreds of promises, would be the catalyst for this change? Every time Hailey would go to the bathroom she would say, "I'm going to see my cousins!". Not that it's a big deal, I'm actually thrilled by the idea. It just made me realize that sometimes I say things out of desperation that I know I'll never do, most likely because Hailey won't do it anyway. Not good.

So we're leaving Tuesday morning. We'll drive to Boise to stay the night with Brennan's cousins Dan and Emily and then it's off to Salt Lake. Brennan will fly down Friday night and drive back with us on Labor Day.

I have to admit I'm a little scared to do this by myself. Driving through the middle-of-no-where can be a little terrifying with two small children and a 7 year old car. It is ONLY around 800 miles. I'll be praying the whole time. I'm sure I'll have a story to tell when I get back about the trip out with Hailey potty training (having to stop on the side of the road for Hailey to pee on her portable potty chair) and Jacob who just had the pacifier taken away today thanks to an executive decision by Brennan. We'll be eating lots of French Fries (my fave!) and milkshakes!

5 comments:

vina said...

have a fun and safe trip!!!

by the way, which swimsuit did you guys pick?! =)

Danielle said...

haha...wow! Vacation-why not? Have lots of fun and good luck with the kids and all the driving!

Cameron and Wendy said...

Good Luck! Should be a lot of fun when you get there though...I am kind of jealous. :)

The Webber Family said...

Haha oops! I'll try to learn from you and not do that. I hope you have a great adventure!

Caitlin said...

Oh man- good luck! Better you than me! But, it will be an adventure, and we can't just sit at home all day just because doing things with kids is hard!
Do you have a travel dvd player?