This week Brennan and his friend went fishing for a couple of days. I thought I would be nice and make them some cookies instead of buying them at the store. It certainly cuts down on the cost. So instead of making my traditional Toll House Chocolate Chip Pan Cookie, I used this recipe. It was a HUGE hit. They were gone in 2 days, I expected them to last the whole week. The boys dipped them in there "MoeJoe" (Pero), and said that they weren't just good, they were Dang Good.
CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIES
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate chunks ( I used 2 Ghirardelli semi-sweet baking bars)
2) Combine butter, granulated sugar, and light brown sugar in a large bowl. Beat with a wooden spoon or an electric mixer set on medium speed until creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla extract; set aside.
3) Sift flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda into a small bowl. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, beating continuously. Stir in the rolled oats and chocolate chunks.
4) Spoon tablespoonfuls of the dough, about 2 inches apart, onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake cookies until lightly browned. 8-10 minutes. Let cookies cool for 1 minute before transferring to wire racks.
*Makes about 16 cookies.
1 comment:
excellent idea rach! but i have a request. put a picture up of the food as well. Mmmmmm. you still hanging in there gorgeous???
Post a Comment