Happy Mother's Day from these cuties!
Hailey thought it was a good idea to right "Love" on a toilet paper roll. I almost didn't want to use it, but then I needed to...
This little monkey loves mom's homemade bread. Just look at that face, pure bliss.
This little man is a stud. Watermelon season has come, which means he's spending a lot of time without his clothes on and he loving it.
Hailey has started giving James piggy back rides. He's pretty good about hanging on.
Jacob asks all the time if I will take a picture of him and James. I think it's so sweet how much Jacob loves his little brother.
James loves to pretend he's a dog. Hailey leads him around the house by a "leash". He barks and does tricks for all who are watching.
Doesn't that look like heaven? Swinging on a warm, beautiful day, enjoying life.
Brennan took the boys on a father/son camp out with our church, so Hailey and I went out for a girls night. We ate burgers and some really tasty desserts. Hailey ate so much, that she felt sick. It was raining when we left, so Hailey suggested that we run to the car. That didn't help with her stomach situation and she barely made it home in time to throw it all up. I felt so bad and thankfully she only did it once. Maybe we should have shared a dessert. We finished the night with watching The Phantom of the Opera, one of Hailey's favorites.
We spent the next day painting Hailey's new room! We chose a light silvery lavender color.
She did a lot of the painting herself. This was a good exercise for me because I wanted so badly to take the brush away from her and do it myself, but I wanted her to learn how to do it. After a while, she was painting like a pro. It's funny the things I had to teach her that I assumed was common sense, but realized it wasn't. Things like, don't swing the roller around in the air or don't finger paint all over the sheet, it could leed to a bigger mess. She figured it out though, she is a good girl.
Mister James is still transitioning into a big boy bed. He sometimes refuses a nap or demands that we snuggle him to sleep. He is a strong willed one and we are really hoping this turns out to be a good thing :). He fell asleep on daddy during dinner because he missed his nap that day.
Jacob loves to voluntarily do the dishes in hopes that I will let him play his Lego Marvel video game. This does not work all the time because I restrict how much he plays, but I sure admire his efforts! I reward him in other ways though.
Hailey still writes letters to her best friend in Portland. The two girls still consider each other the bestes friends they've every had. They are so cute together, we miss Jolie.
Best Friends Forever.
Hailey had her 1st grade musical play, where she got to play Little Miss Muffet and she was so cute.
She even had her name on the program :).
No comments:
Post a Comment