Monday, February 16, 2009

My BIG Day Off!

The world's best husband, Brennan Clark, took a day off of work to watch our kids so I could go do what ever I wanted. He presented me this opportunity on Valentine's Day along with a gift certificate for a massage and some spending cash.

So here's what I did, I got up at 7:30am and went to the gym. I brought a bag for showering and fresh clothes so I wouldn't have to go home at all! After the gym, I went to Lowe's to buy a new dishwasher because ours just broke. Then I went to Starbucks for a bagel and chocolate shake while I waited for my massage. Had an hour long massage, which was heaven! Then I went to Nordstroms to buy some more blush and Converse shoes!


I spent the next hour just window shopping. Then I went to Ethan Allen and spent another hour with a designer picking out my dream living room furniture ( which I might get after a years worth of saving). After that I went to Stanford's for dinner and to top it all off, I went to see Twilight again, for the third time (I know, it's pathetic). When I got home the kids were all bathed and ready for bed. Holy COW, what a day! It really was heaven.

8 comments:

Caitlin said...

What??!! That sounds like the best day in the whole world!!! You deserve it! :) I am totally going to show this post to Brian as a Mother's Day idea... :) Wish me luck!

The Horal Clan said...

That's awesome Rachel! Those are the moments I cherish...by myself!!! It's very much needed to have days like that, glad you had it and enjoyed it! You have seen Twilight 3 times?!! So, do you like it the more you see it? I have only seen it once and wasn't impressed. Love ya guys!
Curls

Cameron and Wendy said...

Wow!! Brennan should give Cameron some tips....I could totally use a full day off! :) How fun!

Kendra Goodrich said...

What a great hubby! Every once and a while you just have to take some time off. Lucky you! It was good to see you the other night.

Danielle said...

jealous! although after being used to doing so much all day i probably would've gotten bored after the day was half-way over. lol. glad you had fun though! :)

Marissa and Blaine said...

WOW! What a great husband!! Taking the day off of work and everything! That does sound like the best day ever!!! Did you go to Stanfords by yourself? I am totally down with that, but Blaine isn't. Where'd you get the massage? Oh and I love MAC. My parents gave me Nordstrom gift cards so I could go to the MAC counter. CONGRATS on having such a fabulous day! I'm pretty jealous!

Marissa and Blaine said...

Did you do this all on Monday? I'm going to go see Twilight again later on this week. Was it better the 2nd and 3rd time around?

Jen said...

Can you have Brennan call Jesse? He offered me an hour to myself and a bubble bath, which I have yet to have time to claim...because stuff isn't done....of course, he did just buy me my dream sewing machine, so I'd better be the grateful wife for a while!