Sunday, July 27, 2008

The joy of getting back into shape!

Thank you Brooke for helping me on Weight Watchers! I've always been able to eat whatever I want and not worry about my weight. After having two children, weight is now an issue. Especially with fall around the corner and none of my pants fit!!!!! So my friend Brooke got me started on Weight Watchers and I lost 5lbs in one week! I'm a believer. I only have 15lbs to go until I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I got to say, it feels good.



That's not all I'm doing though to loose the weight. I've been getting up around 5:30-6am to go to the gym 5 days a week. I've been running and lifting weights. Now I'm going to start swimming and cycling with some friends who are training for a triathlon. I've also added jump roping in between my weight lifting work outs. This all sounds tougher than what it really is though. I've always hated working out, but now that I've had Jacob it just feels really good. I am really enjoying it!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

GO RACHEL!!! oh i'm excited for you! Matt and I actually just started a workout/eating better thing (don't want to call it a diet or i'll jinx it) on saturday and i've been working out every night. Here's the sad thing. I've lost 6 pounds in 4 days. Yeah, that's a sign I have a lot to lose...but i wanna hear all about this weight watchers thing you're doing!