Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Woohoo, She Cleans

I've had it! I'm done cleaning up after a three year old. It used to be easy to clean up after my kids, but now it has gotten to the point where while I'm cleaning up one mess, the kids are in another room making another. So I've thrown my hands up and said no more! Hailey is a big girl enough that she can clean up her own mess. The first day of making her clean she had to go to timeout three times until she finally agreed to clean. Now she is much better about it and I have one great little helper with me! I sure appreciate all the work she does.

For you other moms who are interested:

Age appropriate chores for your three year old

-Picking up toys
-Dusting with socks on hands
-Give your kid a water bottle and dry cloth and let them clean anything
-Wipe down the kitchen chairs
-Clean food up off the floor around the table
-Help gather laundry
-Help separate laundry into piles of Dark, light, and white
-Put laundry into washing machine
-Help hang clothes on hangers
-Help you make their beds
-Help put away groceries

When I say help, I mean mom's doing the work with them. I don't expect Hailey to do anything all on her own. I help her put toys away by directing her where to put them. With other things like making the bed, it's a team effort.

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

Yay! Way to make her earn her keep, Rachel! :)

Kendra Goodrich said...

Good! Get Jacob to start early too! Keep up the good work!