Friday, June 20, 2008

Husbands gone, what else can I do with two kids by myself?

Brennan is gone tonight with the boy scouts. They are floating the John Day River. I'm so jealous, with sunny weather like this I want to be out on a boat.

So I decided to take some pictures and grabbed Brennan's camera and tried to use it. It's much more difficult to use than a normal camera because it's not a point and shoot, but I tried my best to get it into focus.

First of all, I just want to say that I adore my children! Hailey always has a smile for me every morning when I get her up and dressed. She always says something to me, like this morning it was, "Boat!" because daddy took the boat out the night before. She always wants to be with me and I can't resist her little smile as she grabs my hand to hold or to snuggle. As for Jacob, he can't live without me. He could be past around from person to person being content as can be until he hears my voice and begins to cry because he would rather be with me (that and he wants my milk).

Here's Hailey. She wasn't very excited about me taking pictures of her. She just sat there with a look on her face like, "Mom, are you really going to make me sit here so you can take some pictures of me?". I did get one smile out of her.








Jacob was a little easier to take pictures of. He still isn't very animated yet. I did catch one of his smiles too! He has a quick smile, so I only caught one. I just adore my children. They are the best! I can't wait till Jacob is walking and we can all run around and play together.












Oh, and of course all the crying that took place while taking the pictures.




3 comments:

The Horal Clan said...

This is hilarious! I love the bored Hailey, the adorable smile of Jacob, and the crying kids!!! You did great with that camera too! I can't get over all that hair Jacob has. Can't wait to see you all on Monday! Have a safe trip.
Love ya
Curls

Danielle said...

yay lots of pictures! so fun. i normally think jacob looks like you but in the one where he's smiling...I see Brennan 200%. Maybe he's got Brennan's smile, i don't know. crazy.

Marissa and Blaine said...

Cute! Jacob looks like a smaller version of Brennan! Hailey has gotten so big!